Las Vegas Ultra Marathon Run & Relay featuring the Sesquicentennial!
We are happy to announce the Las Vegas Ultra Marathon featuring the 150K Run and Relay this year as celebration of the Sesquicentennial (150 Year Anniversary) of Nevada! The new Las Vegas Ultra Marathon will be held at Las Vegas’ oldest and most beautiful park Floyd Lamb on October 18, 2014. Run through incredible trails, by the lake, under the stars and through the Nevada desert. We are so proud to have the first permit for overnight running at this incredible location. This will be an annual event but the Sesquicentennial distance is special for this year! Don’ t miss out on thiclassic Las Vegas event!
- Where: Floyd Lamb Park, 9200 Tule Springs Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89131
- When: Saturday October 18 – Sunday, October 19 2014
- Distances: 100 Mile, 150K Relay, 100K, 50K, 25K, 5K
- Start Time:
- 5am (100 Mile, 150K)
- 6am (100K)
- 7am (50K, 25K)
- 6pm (5K Night Run)
- End Time: All events must be concluded by 11am, October 19.
- (30 Hour Cut off for 100 Mile, 150K, 100K. 12 Hour Cut off for 50K.)
- 100 Mile (Solo)
- Finishers will receive a buckle!
- $150 (04/22/14 – 06/30/14)
- $160 (07/01/14 – 10/16/14)
- $170 (Packet Pickup & Race Day)
- Sesquicentennial 150K Relay (Prices Based Per Team)
- 6 Person Team
- $300 (04/22/14 – 06/30/14)
- $310 (07/01/14 – 10/16/14)
- $320 (Packet Pickup & Race Day)
- 4 Person Team
- $280 (04/22/14 – 06/30/14)
- $290 (07/01/14 – 10/16/14)
- $300 (Packet Pickup & Race Day)
- $105 (04/22/14 – 06/30/14)
- $115 (07/01/14 – 10/16/14)
- $125 (Packet Pickup & Race Day)
- $85 (04/22/14 – 06/30/14)
- $95 (07/01/14 – 10/16/14)
- $105 (Packet Pickup & Race Day)
- $65 (04/22/14 – 06/30/14)
- $75 (07/01/14 – 10/16/14)
- $85 (Packet Pickup & Race Day)
- 5K Fun Run at Night
- $25 (04/22/14 – 06/30/14)
- $35 (07/01/14 – 10/16/14)
- $45 (Packet Pickup & Race Day)
Each participant will receive a goodie bag, a cool tech t-shirt and an awesome medal! 100 Mile Finishers will receive a buckle!
Packet pickup is Friday, October 17, 2014 from 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM at Red Rock Running Company, 7350 W Cheyenne Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89129.
This is an adventure course out into the vast desert landscape in remote areas beyond Tule Springs. These rarely used trails stretch out into open desert below the Sheep Mountains. This is a very flat course and 90% dirt trail! The elevation gain and decent is minimal.
There will be 3 different loops that begin at start/finish line area (Team Central). The loops are: RED Loop (approximately 5 miles), BLUE Loop (approximately 10 miles) and YELLOW Loop (approximately 7 miles). Each distance will have be given a color sequence to follow to complete their miles.
These loops are fairly flat, single track. This is trail running at it’s finest!
150K Relay Teams
There are 3 completely different loops that begin at the start/finish line area (Team Central) inside Floyd Lamb Park next to the lake. All the loops will begin at Team Central.
The loops are: RED Loop (approximately 5 miles), BLUE Loop (approximately 10 miles) and YELLOW Loop (approximately 7 miles). Each team member will run a different loop, in order of the color (red, blue, then yellow). You will be repeating the loops throughout the night (approximately 4 times). Again, your team will decide which loop each runner will run. Your team works as a unit to figure out how to get the miles in and get the goal accomplished! The team member out on the course will have the timing tag and pass it off to the next runner when they cross the start/finish line area (Team Central) and will begin the next loop.
There will be a central aid station (Team Central) fully stocked with food and nutrition where relay teams can exchange runners, and solo runners can switch to their next color loop. There will also be aid out on the course, you will never go more than 5 miles without aid!
Overnight camping is available on Saturday night. The main start finish line will allow tents and your support team. No charge to put up your own tent but we need to know on your registration.
This is a fun, exciting event and a great place to train for future Ragnar races, adventure races and team relays. Whether you are running as a single or a team, you will be completely supported by our incredible volunteers.
Hotels and Lodging
- Santa Fe Station
- 4949 North Rancho Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89130
- (702) 658-4900
- Aliante Casino & Hotel
- 7300 Aliante Pkwy., North Las Vegas, NV 89084
- (702) 692-7777